Home › Get it › Version info › Appliance v1.5
Freedom Fone - Appliance Version 1.5
Note: Version 1.5 temporarily removes Callback functionality - this component is being rewritten for version 2.
Features added to version 1.0 functionality:
1. Internationalisation of GUI
- Localisation of the user interface to Swahili
- ISO installer based on Remastersys
The installer completely overwrites all data on the computer, replacing everything on it with the Ubuntu operating system and all applications necessary to run Freedom Fone. Installation time is approx 15 minutes.
- Installer script for source version
3. Additional functionality for existing components
- Monitoring of callers' selections within voice menus
- Leave-a-message component may be included as a voice menu option
- Automatic audio conversion for WAV/MP3 files
- Full classification of SMSs
- Non-poll related SMS messages displayed as 'Other SMS'
- Export to Comma Separated Values (CSV) file of 'Other SMS' messages
4. System Management
- System health: software, hardware, processes
- GSM status including registration, IMSI, IMEI, signal levels (devices are displayed after they have been attached and the computer rebooted)
- Service statistics
- Start/Stop scripts for major components
- Call data records (CDR)
- Export to Comma Separated Values (CSV) file of CDR records
5. Telephony architecture
- Full integration with GSMopen and FreeSWITCH 1.0.5
- GSM and SIP clients support
6. Hardware support
Freedom Fone's focus is low cost, low power, highly scalable and flexible phone/audio based information systems. To this end, we add the following advancements in version 1.5:
- Runs on an i386 with 512 MB RAM and 4 GB disk space
- GSM support (GSMopen) requires Mobigater USB-based GSM modems.
- Successfully tested on a low power PC (VIA Esther 1.5 GHz) with 3 GSM channels.
- The Freedom Fone ISO Installer has been tested using Virtualbox